Please join us on Saturday, April 3 for the United Jewish People’s Order/Morris Winchevsky School online community Third Seyder. Our theme is a Nayer, Frayer Velt, Olam Chadash Chofshi (עולם חדש חופשי), Un Mundo Muevo i Mas Libre — A Newer, Freer World.
A year into the pandemic and we find ourselves holding another online Seyder…and continuing to work towards a reimagined world poised to emerge from the multiple pandemics we are currently experiencing.
On April 3 all are welcome to join as we celebrate resilience, the strength of mutual care and community, and the significance of solidarity. Our celebration will include Passover favourites, much poetry, music led by wonderful musicians Marilyn Lerner and David Wall, and special guest appearances by the students of the Morris Winchevsky Shule (school).
To register, please email: email@example.com and we will email you a Zoom link.
This year’s Seyder is Pay What You Can by donation. Any donation over $10.00 will receive a charitable tax receipt. Please make a donation here: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/33183
We also encourage donations to the following organizations:
1. Families of Sisters in Spirit: Anti-colonial community-led action and responses to
Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, Girls, 2 Spirit, and Trans People
2. Migrant Rights Network: A cross-Canada alliance working against racism and for justice
and rights for refugees and migrant workers
3. Tangled Art + Disability: An arts organization that gives opportunities to artists with disabilities to develop and show their work and to help build a more inclusive arts and
4. Trees for Life, Planting Peace in Palestine: A project of Zatoun and the Palestine
Fair Trade Association
Sponsor trees in Palestine: https://zatoun.com/product/trees-for-life
5. Toronto Encampment Support Network (ESN): ESN is an ad-hoc volunteer network
supporting people living in six encampments across Toronto