WE ARE HIRING
Starts: September 17, 2023
Location: Downtown Toronto (Annex) Location
The Morris Winchevsky School is a secular Sunday Jewish School, focused on social justice. Programs range from pre-school to B’Mitzvah (Grades 7/8). Our experiential curriculum explores Jewishness as a civilization of rich cultures and diverse traditions.
The Shule Assistant is accountable to the Education Director and the Executive Director of the Morris Winchevsky Shule. The Morris Winchevsky Shule is accountable to the Shule Advisory Committee and the MWS Board.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Setting up the Shule ahead of classes starting by setting up the Shule Sandwich Board, the snack area, the
kitchen for snack prep, and assistance with classroom set up when needed by Educators.
• Greeting of families during drop off and pick up and assisting students with COVID sanitation, masks, etc.
• Maintaining attendance records for students and staff and notification to the financial department for payroll.
• Recording of payments to staff (educators and TAs) when received
• Maintaining inventory of school supplies and purchasing supplies when needed or requested by Educators.
• Purchasing snack supplies ahead of Sunday mornings
• Setting up snack and delivering to students during the striated snack times.
• Cleaning up after snack and organizing the dishes/supplies after clean up.
• Assisting with prep for Holiday celebrations
• Purchase of supplies and food for holiday celebrations
• Setting up and maintaining snack areas during holiday celebrations.
Successful Candidates will:
• Be self-starters, responsible for their own time management.
• Have experience with food preparation (professional or otherwise)
• Have experience with organizing and cleaning (professional or otherwise)
• Have experience working with children (whether in a professional or personal setting)
• Have a professional attitude and clear communication.
This is a permanent part-time position.
Compensation is based on seniority with a baseline of $100/week.
Please email cover letter and résumé to Sarena Sairan, the Executive Director email@example.com
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.